3 lb. fresh pumpkin, skin and seeds removed
(you may substitute winter squash)
4 Tbsp. butter
1 C. chopped onion (6 oz.)
1 Tbsp. diced garlic
1 Tbsp. diced fresh ginger
1 ½ qt. chicken or vegetable stock
½ C. heavy cream (whipping cream)
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pinch fresh chervil leaves or diced chives
1. Saute up the onion and garlic in the butter until translucent.
2. Chop up the pumpkin into chunks and add along with the chicken stock.
3. Boil pumpkin until tender.
4. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Add cream, peanut butter, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring back to a boil.
5. Add fresh herbs just before serving.